I had a lot of long, loving posts written out in my head. But you get bullet points instead.
- I've been meaning to post. I have selfies to post! Profound meditations on life and fandom to postulate! (No, I don't.) But in then end, eh. My life's been pretty peaceful so far. Work stresses me out.
- I was sleeping on the bus and someone said I looked pretty which was weird but nice because she was a motherly older woman than a creepy dude. Is this sexist?
- I wonder if the movie Dunkirk
will prompt people to read The Charioteer
? A friend on Twitter said she checked it out to she can read my fic and I am alternately delighted and dismayed. Not to worry, I have told her that there is a lot better fic than mine out there and will be reccing when she's finished with the book.
- Also, the Doctor will be a woman and not a moment too soon! I am a little disappointed that the Doctor isn't going to be played by a person of color, but I also remember how shit the fandom was to Mickey and Martha, so.... (Not just the fandom, but the writers too. Honestly, that's one of the reasons I'm not particularly nostalgic about LJ-based/'old' fandom -- it was incredibly hostile place for POC.)
Anyway, Jodie Whittaker was excellent
in Broadchurch, even during the shaky second season. (Haven't seen the third.) But the reason she looked so familiar is of course because she was in Cranford! Ah, the period drama industrial complex, what would I do without you? I'm think I should probably see season 10 (I wanna see Bill!) and then the 13th Doctor soonish. Maybe once it's available to stream and I can do it with one go.
- Also, I have been driving my AO3 subscribers away by posting nothing but SASO fills for months. I really need to take a break from it and post something else. But what? Why?
Anyway, I posted something that might be relevant to y'alls. the fighter
(628 words) by havisham
Fandom: Yuri!!! on Ice (Anime)
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Otabek Altin/Yuri Plisetsky, Katsuki Yuuri/Victor Nikiforov
Characters: Otabek Altin, Yuri Plisetsky, Katsuki Yuuri
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Noir, Organized Crime, Mafia Victor Nikiforov, Mafia Yuri Plisetsky, Serious Injuries, Assassin Katsuki Yuuri, Bagman Otabek Altin, ok i'll stahp
Series: Part 47 of havisham's SASO 2017 works collection
Otabek's always looked out for Yuri, no matter what, but he can't help but wish he'd make different choices.
Otayuri, mafia/noir AU.
My first time writing Otabek/Yuri and it's a AU because I lack imagination. Okay, byyyyyye.