Name a character from one of my fandoms and I'll give you (a) three facts about them from my personal canon/fanon, (b) a reason he/she sucks, (c) a reason he/she is awesome, (d) five things that never happened to that character or (e) five people that character never fell in love with and why. You pick the character. I pick the letter.
Fandoms: Lost, Supernatural, Being Human, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Community, BTVS, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly, Gilmore Girls, Mad Men, The Office, The Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Psych, Chuck, Fringe, and Flashforward.
Top 5 favorite fannish moments where your fandom referenced another fandom. Only one Psych reference allowed.
( my fandoms reference things )
Top 5 couples that should have been but never were cannon
( maybe we were never meant to be together )
Top 5 favorite individual uses of music on tv shows
*Massive Life on Mars spoiler right up front guys so click with caution.
( we need tunes )
top 5 reasons it would be really upsetting if chuck didn't come back next season
( Chuck vs. NBC )
Top 5 tv episodes that make you happy when skies are gray (any fandom)
( there've been a lot of frogs, man )
Top 5 characters you wish were real and possibly your friend
( i heart nerds )
Top 5 shipper moments of all time (all fandoms, ever).
( would you just stand still? )
Top 5 "omg wtf are you doing to my ship??" moments of all time
( my whole life I've never loved anything else )
For hopelessfangirl & bold_seer
Top 5 Female SPN Characters
( Girls, FTW! )
Top 5 SPN eps
( Ben Edlund is my master now )
Shows I’m behind on but lack the motivation to catch up with right now:
- Chuck (1 ep)
- Fringe (2 eps)
- V (1 ep…man I love EM more than air but this show is doomed. Can’t we just convince JJ to hire her on Undercovers as the big bad or something and move on with our lives?)
- SPN (umm…half a season?)
I’m too busy working on epic fics and Jess/Rory shenanigans anyway. Which brings me to this:
I impulsively started a new comm yesterday called dharmadays. There’s nothing there yet, but once I clear the decks WIP-wise I’m planning on having a little Dharma Days ficathon. And by fic-a-thon I mean a loosey-goosey please write Lost fic set in yellow houses that involve barbeques and game nights and absolutely no talk of good vs. evil.
It’s my favorite era and I want to go back to there. My hope is to encourage folks to write AU stuff too cause this isn’t a veiled attempt to generate S/J fic (although it is more than welcome), I want Jack in Dharmaville fic and Kate in Dharmaville fic and random a day in the life of Phil fic or Miles and Richard were secretly doing it fic. I don’t care. I just want it.
So um, indulge me? Join and pimp…I have no banner cause artsy I am not and also I seriously came up with this during those dark five hours it took for the satellite guy to set up the DVR so planning is not a thing that happened. Like I said there’s not going to be anything there for a couple of weeks probably, but still come and play with me! You know you wanna.
Sci-Fi shows give me thoughts.
I’m not cutting my Eastwick thoughts because it’s not that kind of show. It was bad, clichéd, and almost offensive…but I will be watching every episode until it’s mercifully cancelled because Paul Gross is a god. He managed to be both wet and shirtless in the first episode. It was amazing. And he’s playing the devil! How am I supposed to resist that?
I just wish the ladies on the show didn’t bore me to tears. Why are they all so dull? And why is Sara Rue not a lead? She’s Sara Rue, she’s got more cool in her pinkie finger than those other three have all put together. I’m going to need her to make out with Paul Gross soon please.
Oh and it’s filmed on the old Gilmore Girls set which is deeply distracting. I keep wondering why there are witches in Stars Hollow now and why Lorelai hasn’t shown up to pawn the Faux Lorelai Rebecca Romijin is attempting to play.
Okay now on to shows that are you know...actually good.( Flashforward 1x01 )
( Fringe 2x02 )
( Dollhouse 2x01 )
This is the least ragey I’ve been post-Emmys in years. Did everyone I want to win, win this year? No, but for once it didn’t matter so much. There was a proper host (my god NPH, you make me want to be a gay man just so I could pretend to have a shot with you), no one was forced to cut their speech short, and you know it was for the most part fun to watch. Thoughts under the cut.( Let's Hope Kanye Likes 30 Rock )
I also watched Mad Men last night. My non-spoilery reaction: I really want Lost to win best drama next year because it’s the last year and I love the show more than air, but if Mad Men keeps this up Lost is screwed. Seriously, the Mad Men folks can’t even produce a mediocre episode let alone a bad one. It’s almost not fair.
Secondly, I know this sounds a little crazy given the caliber of actor on Mad Men but am I the only one who thinks the little girl playing Sally Draper stands a real chance at getting a best supporting actress nod next year? She’s been more than holding her on this season; she’s actually stealing every scene she’s in and breaking my heart in the process.
Oh Emmys, you just ended and I’m already thinking about next year.
Quicklost_in_108 plug: Go join, the first prompt goes live tomorrow. You know you wanna play with us. ;)
Also, man I've never listened to much Jazz, but I've been listening to some Miles Davis songs on youtube (research is fun!) and it's kind of awesome. Oh, and apparently Davis did this song called "A Night in Tunisia" with Charlie Parker. Lost is everywhere people.
(Completely unrelated, but "Torchwood: Children of Earth" starts on BBCAmerica tonight. I'm excited! Although, I'm sad that I can no longer call it The Owen Show. I have remained almost completely unspoiled thus far, fingers crossed that I make it until Friday without stumbling onto any spoilers. )
Emmy nods were announced this morning and they by and large did not suck. They may be on to something with this new system.
Things That Made Me Happy:
*Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) is nominated for best actress in a drama! Peggy!!! (Sorry for abusing the exclamation mark, but man I wanted her to be nominated so badly last year and this made me so happy I’m still grinning.) I'm so proud of my girl!
* Lost, Mad Men, and Dexter all get nods again this year.
* How I Met Your Mother slipped into the best comedy category at last. Lawyered!
* Jim Parsons is nominated for The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon! Now if only he could beat Alec Baldwin…
* Dr. Horrible is nominated. I didn’t know it was eligible for anything, but that was a lovely surprise.
*Jon Hamm gets not one, but two Emmy nods. It must be the bubble.
* Seth Green and Robot Chicken! Oh, Seth, you’ve come so far.
* The Outstanding Supporting Actor in a comedy category is pretty awesome. Tracy Morgan, Jack McBrayer, Neil Patrick Harris, and Rainn Wilson. The odds of someone deserving winning this year are good. Finally, no Jeremy Piven to deal with.
* Kristen Chenoweth is carrying the torch for Pushing Daisies. I miss my happy pie show.
Things That Made Me Not So Happy
* No Jeremy Davies? No Josh Holloway? No Elizabeth Mitchell? Seriously? When I think back on season five these are the actors that stand out in my mind. These are the ones that made sure the show never lost its heart during a mythology heavy season, to see all three of them snubbed (even if I expected it) makes me incredibly sad. (Yay, for Emerson though. At least someone got some Emmy love.)
* 30 Rock takes 4 out of 5 writing nods. I love 30 Rock, but man this season was all over the place, quality wise. Right off the top of my head I can think of at least five comedy episodes that were as good if not better than the ones nominated: “The Naked Man”-HIMYM, “Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer”-Chuck, “Weight Loss”-The Office, “The Michael Scott Paper Company”-The Office, and “Racial Sensitivity”-Better Off Ted. Not to mention pretty much anything from Pushing Daisies, but especially “Comfort Food”. Spread the love a little next year, will you Emmys?
*William Shatner. Again. Please make it stop.
* No Chuck, Pushing Daisies, BSG, or Psych love. Oh, James Roday, I know you’re funny sweetie, and Mary McDonnell was robbed.
Things That Make Me Go “Huh?”
* I’m glad Lost got a writing nod, but for “The Incident”? Why are you rewarding them for bad behavior Emmys? “La Fleur”, “The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham”, “Jughead”, “The Variable” were all better. Actually, pretty much every other episode was better.
*John Slattery rocks as Roger on Mad Men, but um, he didn’t actually do anything this year.