* I suck at commenting this week unless it involves comment fic. Maybe Lost will jolt me out of my malaise? I hope so, cause crappy mood is crappy. Also were we all aware that there’s no new Lost next week? I do not approve of this development.
* So remember how I was wringing my hands over the new Doctor a few months ago? I believe I said Smith was too young to play the role and it was going to suck and I wanted Ten back…I’m an idiot. Just putting that out there.
Eleven is brilliant, like mind-blowingly-I-would-follow-this-guy-
Also there were lens flares and cracks in the wall and bowties. *hearts*
Is it Saturday yet?
* I went to see Date Night last weekend and it was right up my alley humor wise. It also made me realize something sad but true about myself: I like my relationships like I like my couches…comfy and worn in. This is true in my fiction and my real life. I don’t like those OMG we can’t keep our hands off each other, I love you/I hate you things. They exhaust me and bore me. I just want to see two people who love each other hang out and make fun of the super kissy couple at the next table. Is that too much to ask universe? You know for me and for the fictional people I love?
All this is to say: Steve Carell/Tina Fey= OTP. I now want Liz/Michael fic. That should be a thing.
* Kate Nash has a new CD out today! Oh how I adore that woman and her delightfully boppy, British pop music.
*Hey I wrote stuff! I’m going to put this here so I can locate everything later.
You Must Remember This (Miles/Juliet) for aurilly
Out of the Ashes We Might Be Reborn (Jack/Sun) for crickets
I’ve Always Had a Thing for Music Men (Jack/Boone) for janie_tangerine
Regrets? I've Had a Few (Jack/Juliet) for lenina20
There Are Things You Can’t Outrun (Richard/Alex) for mollivanders
The Magic Spot (Miles/Juliet) for phelipa
We Come Apart, We Stay Together (Richard/Miles) for primarycolors92
A Knight in Shining Whatever (Miles/Daniel) for toestastegood
We Feel Fine (Jack/Sam Winchester) for invisiblelove
*What's new with you guys?
Um…I just watched Paranormal Activity.
So I guess I’ll never be sleeping again. Oh well, I needed to finish my a_lost_art fic tonight anyway.
I kept waiting for Sam and Dean to show up…but they never came and OMG. Never watching that again. Like for real.
I’ll be over here trembling in fear if anyone needs me.
1. I made this frozen lemon pie thing last night that was okay. It didn’t set properly for some reason, so that was annoying, but it was edible. I’m going to blame the Neeleys, it was their recipe (although probably not their fault, but they’re so disgustingly happy all the time it makes me feel better to say it was.)
2. My brother wants me to go to Dragon Con with him this year, but given my current joblessness I can’t bring myself to spend the money. I would maybe do it if there was someone there who I’ve always wanted to meet (Seth Green, Adam Baldwin, anyone from Lost, Neil Gaiman, Greg Grunberg) but I’m not really feeling the guest list. Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell are going which is cool, but I don’t necessarily want to meet them. Oh and Ianto from Torchwood, but I’m more of an Owen girl myself. (What’s Burn Gorman doing these days anyway? Someone needs to snatch him up. )
3. My muse is on strike this week, which is inconvenient because I want to work on my Sawyer/Juliet fic for mollivanders, not to mention the various Dollhouse plot bunnies that have been attacking during my rewatch. Also, I have a new Miles fic in the works, but the pairing is…well, let’s just say it’s unusual, but I’m kind of excited about it. Now if only I could get myself to focus long enough to actually finish any of those I would be a very happy fangirl.
4. Okay this is the real reason I’m posting: I just read the coolest Lost casting spoiler and I need someone to come squee with me. Spoiler under the cut.( Lost Casting Spoiler )
5. Um, so that Avatar trailer looks… interesting. It’s certainly pretty, but I’m not sure I would actually want to see that movie. We’ll see.
1. I got up this morning with every intention to spend the day writing when real life decided that today would be better spent doing everything else instead. Sigh. I have charts and outlines! I do not want to deal with practical matters like shopping and occupying family members who really ought to be able to occupy themselves.
2. Seriously though, I’m going to try not to be too spammy this week, but I’m tackling the last billion luau requests so I apologize in advance if you guys get inundated with ficlets. There are a couple that I’m actually kind of excited about. I’m going to be sad to see the luau end. It’s been a lot of fun to have an opportunity to write so many different characters and pairings. I mean if someone would have told me I would write Jack/Sawyer a month ago…well, there would have been some giggling on my end, but you know it was actually not that hard (of course it was only a drabble.)
3. I watched Julie & Julia this weekend. I mostly enjoyed it although I could have done without some of the Hollywoodization of Julie’s story. Spoilers for the movie and the Julie Powell book under the cut.( Julie & Julia )
4.( Being Human 1x03 )
5. This post is reaching epic levels of longness, but I have a question to pose to you guys. Has anyone read anything good lately? I’m in the middle of a serious book drought and I’m in need of some recommendations. I’ll read pretty much anything, fiction, non-fiction---it really doesn’t matter. I just really want to read something.
I watched a couple of movies this weekend (In Bruges and The Princess and the Warrior, both pretty awesome by the way) that ended up being kind of similar thematically speaking. I’m sure Netflix will create a “Movies About Misunderstood, Suicidal Criminals and the People Who Love Them” category for me now.
Speaking of Netflix, do you ever feel like they’re passive aggressively judging your viewing habits. For instance, they recently claimed that my taste preferences had created a “Critically-Acclaimed Foreign Documentaries categories” when I have no recollection of ever asking them for any documentaries, let alone critically-acclaimed foreign documentaries. If Netflix were a person I have feeling we would be having the following conversation:
Netflix: “Excuse me, Ma’am, but would you like to take a break from your Canadian sitcoms and crappy Sci-Fi movies to try this documentary about the trials of prostitutes in India?”
Me: “That sounds kind of sad. Could you just send me National Treasure 2? I want to see that cute, little guy with the glasses again.”
Netflix: “Sad yes, but also educational and enlightening. Are you sure you won’t give it a try?”
Me: “Are there any cute animals? Oh, or dudes playing video games?”
Netflix: “No…there are prostitutes. In India. Struggling to maintain their dignity and provide food for their families.”
Me: “Huh.” *stares blankly at Netflix* “Is there a spelling bee? I like spelling bees.”
Netflix: “No there’s not…Oh, just forget it, here take your National Treasure sequel. Enjoy your cute guy with glasses it’s not like there are any movies with important social value being made or anything. By all means, just go enjoy your mass-market, cookie cutter blockbuster. See if I care.”
Me: “Thanks, Netflix! You’re the best! Hey, could you go ahead and queue up that new Bradley Cooper movie. He’s got such lovely eyes…”
*Netflix quietly begins to weep.*
On to the movie recs:( In Bruges )( The Princess and the Warrior )